iStock is a stand-alone website that has been providing customers with high quality content for over a decade now. Although it is owned and managed by Getty Images, it started independently and has been established as one of the leading microstock agencies today. The stock site has over millions of assets in its library, covering various themes and styles of any project. You can browse through its high quality and highly searchable library with its keyword search engine and advanced search filters.
The main highlight of iStock is its exclusive content. It is one of the few stock media sites that offers videos and images you will not find in other stock media libraries. It also has a very convenient pricing system with very affordable assets. It boasts one of the most flexible licensing terms and the easiest-to-use clip search. Furthermore, it has the trust stamp of being owned and managed by the world’s leading stock media agency, Getty Images.
For the sake of this iStock photo review, here is a brief list of benefits of buying from the stock site:
- iStock has wide variety content in its library. You literally have millions of clips to choose from. Whatever theme or style you need, you can get it here.
- It has exclusive content. If you are looking for clips that you won’t find in other stock sites, especially your competitors, this is the stock site for you.
- Multiple image resolutions are available at the same price. Do you need higher quality clips? No worries, you can get them at no higher cost.
- The stock site has only two price points: affordable and simple pricing. You don’t have to worry about hidden fees.
- It has flexible a la carte buying system, so you can have full control over discounts and your expenses.
- It offers royalty-free license that allows you to use the stock footage in any project multiple times.
- The stock media agency features a user-friendly search engine. There are curated categories in the library so you can explore stock videos with ease and convenience.
- It offers various media assets, including footage, images, and audio.
No stock media agency is without drawbacks. Here is an iStock photo review on the cons of the site:
- No subscriptions for videos. If you need to purchase stock footage, you need to buy them with an a la carte buying system.
- Credits system make buying complicated. Instead of choosing the clips you need and entering a payment method, you need to choose a credit pack and pay for it, then use the pack to purchase footage.
- Extended license is costly. If you have high visibility projects, purchasing an extended license for every additional right can be expensive.
To test this iStock photo review is legit, why don’t you check out the stock media site and try out its service?